Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Week in Photos

The Piazza de Commune in the early evening, Aperitifo Time

A valley view, seen from the Rocca Maggiore.  We walked up to this elevation and have walked down there in that valley too

As part of a delightful afternoon, Letizia and I visited Catia, the owner of Madame Bovary Boutique.  It was a day of being with my two favorite ladies!

The entrance to our apartment.  Up three flights of narrow terracotta stairs but worth it!

A free concert by Cantori Di Assisi at Santa Chiara.  Beautiful Vivaldi

A revisit to a friend from last year. Along the route to the Eremo

At lunch with Diane Lennon and her husband, Mike Swartz at the Mill in the Bosco de Francesco.  Pranzo from a wood fire. 

Catia.  I find it hard to resist visiting her and not buying everything in her shop!

The main door to St. Rufino Cathedral, our "neighborhood church".  I see more details every time I look

The skies of Assisi. The hills of Assisi.  Neither exaggerated!

I love this spot for a cappuccino.  Never miss an opportunity for a view.

Finally, we visited the museum under San Rufino. This is the area of the original Assium. Centuries before Francis ever got moving!

I found a beautiful new path that hangs along the Western perimeter of the town and looks up to Santa Chiara. The area is know as the Mojano



A difference is noticed in the color of the leaves since our arrival.  Fall is here!

Joe on the "easy" route up to the Rocca Maggiore. Well worth the trek, any time of day

A Spritz.  Any time of the day!!!


I





No comments:

Post a Comment