Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Love is the Ability.....


 t


I needed desperately to find something that would make me feel the leakage of positive flow rather than the toxicity of anger and negativity in response to something that happened yesterday.

If you are a member of a family, surely you know that I mean this when I say that they aren't all that they are cracked up to be.  Think about it.  A bunch of people who are forced to like each other. Crazy, isn't it? 

We have an especially toxic member of our family, one who loves, loves, loves, to churn things up. She's extremely self-absorbed and she's not a child.  She's thirty one or is she thirty two?  It's hard to believe she's out of the fourth grade, behavior being the decision maker on that guess.  This young woman has never gotten along.....with more than a handful of people, her entire life.  She's never had many friends and, as one of her mother's former boyfriends said...."she pisses a lot of people off".  I suspect that might be why he ran off into the sunset. So, the ugly head was reared once again, she caused a major upset, and I wonder why she chose to do it and why she thought it would just get by, no harm done.  And, I'm so angry and so mad at myself for being so angry and I just needed to seek some goodness, an affirmation, and I did, in Wayne Dyer. I needed to recognize the fact that there are, indeed, self-less people out there.

Read what he says, if you will.  Love....ability.....willingness....without any insistence.  Think about the last time someone "pissed" you off.  I will give you ten thousand dollars if it wasn't because someone, somehow, was insisting that you satisfied someone else.

I'm glad I found this affirmation.  I was starving for it.  Hard to believe that something so negative could have produced something so positive.  I'm going to try very, very hard to hold this thought, to examine my own motives and conscience in reference to it.  Repeat after me......
. Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you. 

Thank you Dr. Dyer, again.



No comments:

Post a Comment