Wednesday, October 17, 2012

AhhhhhhHava

Just wrote a whole post on my little notebook computer and big hands hit something that caused the whole thing to get wiped out.  Lost every thought.  Very frustrating.  Especially since it was winding up to be a post about starting to self-nurture.  It evolved from what started out as an apology post and a list of all the things that I have to do today to help other people.  I hit them all.....started with my father, on to my husband, ending with my daughter and granddaughters.

Self-nurturing is not an easy task for some.  Simple things like shaving my legs, applying makeup when I've no place special to go....these things take time away from other things like grocery shopping for Dad, making breakfast for Joe, putting Halloween prezzies together for grandchildren.

During my mom's illness, I had a phone conversation with my dear friend Jay.  He listened to my anguished ruminations, to my selfish desires to not have to be doing "this" alone as much as I had.  When we had almost completed our conversation, he simply said "hey, take care of yourself" to which I simply replied "I don't know how to do that"

Within a few days, a little package arrived from Amazon.com.  Hmmmm, what did I order?  Nothing.  A total surprise.  In the package was a bottle of beautiful smelling, great feeling spray body oil, one he had recently introduced me to in a phone conversation.  In the package was a little card on which was this simple message....."take care of yourself.  Love, Jay"

I really don't have time to write a long post today, I really do not but I will hold on to the loving thoughts of friend like Pam, Lois, Cam, and Jay, all of whom made special efforts to help me through the rough spots recently and I will say this......

Today, for even a few moments, I will take care of myself Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment