Saturday, February 25, 2017

Grateful and Ready

I'm three days from my bariatric surgery.

My friend Lois gave me a little book that she thought I'd find useful as the journey progresses. It is a charming little journal, one that I can and will, use to practice 365 days of gratitude.  I have already made entries and lately, I have been giving so much thought to the abundance of things and people for which I am truly grateful.

Most of all, I am grateful to my friends who have supported me in ways that they may not even be aware of.

 These Spring-like days, so uncharacteristic of late February, make me believe that they have been set aside for me alone, that they are setting a stage.  One of the things I feared when the date of February 28th was set, was a big snow storm that would cause postponement but that seems rather unlikely as I look at the forecast.  For once, a big event in my life might not be overshadowed by weather!

I have a lot to enter into that little journal.  I know that there are going to be some rough days ahead, that this choice that I have made will be one that I might entertain a regret for, more than once.  But, I do also know that I will have people around me who will lift me right back up when I do get down, who will remind me of how far I have come and tell me that they will be there with me along the way. I'm so confident because of your confidence in me.  I'm so ready because you have allowed me to get ready, even if you, my friends, have not fully understood the plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment