Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Story Slice....At the DMV


If you ever want material for a good story, take yourself to your local Department of Motor Vehicles on any afternoon, any day of the week and there you will find your masters degree, just sitting on the hard benches, staring straight ahead or on a cheap, broken, sorry excuse for an office chair, waiting to push the magical button that will summon you to your very own place of envy as the “next customer”
Yesterday, was my day. Lucky me. A whole hour on the bench. I made the best of my time. I watched, I listened and I wrote.
This is the best one
“Sir, I've raised five kids so I only say things once. I say things once and I say them right. Now, sir, I don’t really care what you do with your old license plates. You can hang them on the wall above your fireplace or you can make a handbag for your wife out of them”
“Next”

No comments:

Post a Comment