Sunday, February 16, 2020

Expired

Just yesterday, for seemingly no reason, I thought about a friend with whom I had lost touch 

Oh,  We weren’t what you would call close friends but we did enjoy being together, sharing our stories over lunch once in a while. She was an artist and a therapist. I’m not sure where the lines crossed. She had the traits of both and a deep spiritually that I so admired.  A traveler, a continuing student of life. 

 I thought about her and silently promised that I would soon send an email, letting her know that despite the gap, I still thought about her and wanted to see her. 

One of her charming watercolors, Highland Light in Truro, hung until recently, in our guest bathroom . We repainted that room earlier this month, sending the artwork to the basement until further notice.  Over the years, Nicki and I  joked about how that little treasure allowed me to think of her every morning so she should not have felt badly about its place in a bathroom. I have to think back to when we started the painting project but this morning, in a state of shock as I discovered her obituary in the local newspaper I think she and the little artwork display may have simultaneously expired.

https://www.capecodtimes.com/obituaries/20200216/nicki-rae-white-palmer-74

 A gal with a great sense of humor, Nicki would have thought this funny.  Rest in peace


No comments:

Post a Comment