Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lucy

I'm looking out the big window and watching a fog slowly envelope the pond.  The pine trees are swaying and I feel the heat coming at my feet from the radiator that runs along under the window.

I hear a steady down pouring of rain on the roof above my head.

Zorba the Greek is on our T.V.  Simply black and white and wonderful.

We've just finished a delicious pot of tea, beautiful stuff from "Teavana", Heaven on Earth.

A lovely and thoughtful package from my friend Aida awaited me at our front door when we returned home from a little shopping trip.

The little shopping trip found me in the Home Goods store in Hyannis where the fragrance of eucalyptus permeated the air, making me think of Brookline, Massachusetts,  for some reason.

And then, I got sad.

In a few short days, our first born granddaughter will be eight years old.

We spent a lot of time in Brookline back in "those days" and strolled the red stroller through a lot of little shops that smelled of eucalyptus and there was never a better time, ever.

I don't know where the time has gone and I want it back, all of it

The fog blocks my vision of much else


No comments:

Post a Comment